Friday, January 10

Recipe Box: Philly Cheese Stuffed Bell Peppers



Philly Cheese Stuffed Bell Peppers


I love Pinterest, but the only problem is that I spend so much time pinning things I want to try and I don't try anything. Well that is going to change this year. I am challenging  myself to try one new recipe every week. This week is Philly Cheese Stuffed Bell Peppers.

INGREDIENTS

24 oz. Thinly Sliced Roast Beef
12 Slices Provolone Cheese
6 Large Green Bell Peppers
1 Medium Sweet Onion
8 oz. Baby Bella Mushrooms
2 Tbs. Butter

Salt and Pepper – to taste 

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 400F
Slice peppers in half (lengthwise), remove ribs and seeds.
Slice onions and mushrooms.  Saute over medium heat with butter and a little salt and pepper. Saute until onions and mushroom are nice and caramelized.  Cook time about 20 to 25 minutes
Slice roast beef into thin strips and add to the onion/mushroom mixture. Cook time 5 to 10 minutes
Line the inside of each pepper with a slice of provolone cheese. 
Fill each pepper with meat mixture until they are nearly overflowing.
Top each pepper with another slice of provolone cheese.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown. 
Serves a family of 6.

Out of the 6, I got 5 stars on this recipe. My 9 year old would not try it because she does not like mushrooms or bell peppers. 




Little Bitty

No comments:

Post a Comment