Being a mom of four, has plenty of challenges of its own, but when you add a full time management position in retail, makes it crazy. I have been working a crazy schedule for the last two months, and I can tell it is taking a toll on my youngest. She wrote me a letter wanting me to take one day a week for 'mommy and Sammy time'. After reading this letter, I felt heart broken. I have been working a lot and have not had a whole lot of time with my kids, one on one time with each.
The two of us find a quite spot and made a list of different things that we want to do together. We did not stop there, I opened up my planner and we started planning our first date.
Twenty-Five plus date ideas with your kids:
- Picnic: at the park or on the floor in the living room
- Hiking or long walk with the dog
- Coffee Date: Coffee for Mommy, hot chocolate for Sammy
- Afternoon of Crafts: I have Pinterest Board full of them
- Special Dinner/Lunch: out on the town or just stay in
- Enjoy a sunset or stargaze
- Movie: at the theaters or at home
- Play a sport: shoot some hoops, throw the softball around, run a 5k,
- Spa Date: go get a mani or pedi
- Shopping: shoe shopping, clothes shopping, or just window shopping
- Plant a garden
- Read: go to the library or book store and pick out a chapter book to read together.
- Go to a water park or the YMCA pool
- Bake something new together
- Take a class: cooking class, basketball clinic, art class
- Game Night: board, card or video games
- Photo Shoot: at home, dress up, do makeup, take some glamour shots
- Volunteer together
- Go to a concert
- Write a story together, then act it out
- Blanket fort in the living room or in the backyard
- Tea & Scones and watch 'Breakfast at Tiffany's'
- Camp out: in the back yard or in the living room
- Start a Mother Daughter Journal
- Overnight trip
- Ice cream
There are plenty of other date ideas out there, all that really matters is that you are spending that one on one time with your kids.